29 December 2009

WHAT I DO DURING MY CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS


There are many things people do during the Christmas holidays. Some people like meeting friends or family. Some others prefer to stay at home and relax. What about you?

  • Decide a day to write about (Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, etc.) and tell what you usually do that day. Don't forget to use the present simple and some frequency adverbs.
  • Choose a different day and imagine you are writing on that day. What's going on around you? Don't forget to use the present continuous.
  • You can include pictures, drawings, ...
  • You can send an e-mail with your work to elcalero.ingles@gmail.com or you can hand in to me.
  • Deadline: 14th January.

Do you need some ideas?
Then read my example.

I always spend Chistmas in Madrid, with my family.
On the 24th, if the weather is good, I like going jogging to El Retiro, a big park near my mother's home. But, sometimes, I can't go because I have to buy the last Christmas presents. The shops are always full of people, but I don't mind. In the afternoon I go for a walk to watch the Christmas lights, or I take my son, my nephews and my niece to the cinema.


On Christmas Eve we always have dinner at home, but we never start before 10:00, so when we sit at the table I'm very hungry! After dinner we open presents and stay up talking until 2 or 3 in the morning.



Today is 29th December. In Madrid th
e weather is really cold and snowy. People are wearing coats, scarves and gloves.



It's 21:15 and I'm at home. My husband and one of my sisters are cooking dinner (mmm ... it smells delicious!) and my son Carlos and my nephew Lucas are playing PSP games. My niece Ana is talking to her father on the phone. I think she is angry, because she is shouting ... My mother is watching the news on TV, and me? Well, I'm writing this post!


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it´s 11 at home.I´m playing at playstantion,my parents are watching tv and my cousin is playing playmobil

Jose Miguel =)

Anonymous said...

It´s a 6 of january. My family and I get up at seven o´clock in the morning and we goes to my aunt´s house for open the presents after that usually we have lunch in a restaurant.

Today is 12th December and is my birthday. It´s 15:00 and I´m at home wich my fiends watching videos on internet, my is brother watching tv and my parents are sleaping.



Ariana Pérez. :D